Saturday, May 3, 2008

31 in Dubai

Well it is now offical, I am 31 and in Dubai. Could I have seen this happening 10 years ago...certainly not. 10 years ago I was in Red Deer, Alberta working at Turple Bros and working at a golf course. I was floating and made a decision, well my parents helped me to go to Olds College and get my Horticultural diploma and get an education. It was a good choice to go I had a great time and learned a lot that I still use today. My parents did tell me a gem that I hold very close to my heart; no matter what happens to you in life, no one can take your education away from you..... Good words to live by.

life is good, really good. I have a job that I really enjoy doing. (for the most part) I have some good friends here. This is the first time that it has been 39 degrees on my birthday...I was told it was 4 degrees today in Red Deer....that is a little chilly. there have been lots of firsts for me this year which i am very grateful for. I really have to thank my parents for being so supportive of me and helping me along my very interesting and varied life path so far.

So I have 5 weeks left...I recall having my blog title of being the first 5 weeks in...it has been an amazing ride this year. I have golfed in weather that is hotter then I ever thought I could exsist let alone excersize, I have skiied in a mall that is in the middle of the desert, I have gone to one of the best waterparks I have ever been to, sorry Sylvan lake, Dreamland is amazing. I have gone to Damascus, Kuwait, Thailand and traveled around the UAE fairly extensivly. I get upset sometimes that I have not saved a lot of money this year but looking back on all I have done I would have never had these opportunites back in Canada so for that I am very grateful.

anyway now that I have offically gone into my 30's I guess I have to count my life blessed. As a great song I have on my Ipod says I look forward to my next 30 years....could not have said it better myself...thanks Tim.

I have a ton of pictures to get up on here and picasa I will post some pictures and get up more on picasa and give the link here.

thanks all

Curtis

No comments: