Sunday, September 2, 2007

Week 3

this is me at the desk in the royal suite at the Burj, (the 7 start hotel).....


Well it has been an amazing week, I rode a camel, went dune bashing in a 4X4 and sweated more at a pub then i thought was ever possible. the Desert Safari on Thursday night was nothing short of one of the coolest experiences that I have ever had. We rode a camel in the desert, watched and partcipated in some belly dancing and ate amazing food (a beer or two was consumed aswell). stunning experience, once it cools down I look forward to doing more of the same.

the pub we went to called the Irish Village was great, all outdoors and being 43 degrees we were all soaked...they have fans with misters on them but the were only good for about 3 feet then the water was gone in the air. good experience, very expensive drinks. We did not stay long and came back to the Apartment where we had a beer or two on the roof of the building in the pool... very good times.

we went on a beer run, this is like nothing I have ever experienced before, since it is not exactly legal to get beer we had to do a run into Sharja at a place called the hole in the wall, why you ask/?? because it is literally a hole in the wall that you walk upto ask for whatever you want and they give it to you in a wrapped black bag and you leave. it was interesting to say the very least. they call it the grey market over here, not exactly legal or illegal either.

the heat seams to be getting stronger as today it was horribly hot at 7amm when we walked out of the building to school at the humidity was at least 90% it was crazy hot, everyone was soaked in seconds leaving the building, the worst I have felt since being here.

The Kids are in school today, they are all great. I am suprize at the diversity and the range of the students. some are advanced for thier age and others are quite below minimum standards.....but all are great and all call me sir.....for now.

I am still smiling like there is no tommorrow and really like where i am at. everyone should do something like this before they are pushing up daisies I think....

thanks for reading more next week!

Curtis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.