Sunday, September 7, 2008

It seems that my seams are wrong....

Well for those who read regularly or those who have stumbled by my blog I have been corrected in my last blog. I have misrepresented the word seams...it should have been SEEMS. Yes I know I am a teacher.... I try.

Anyway, so I am now 2 weeks into Dubai and life is good. traffic has become much worse, everyday the radio says something politically correct like there is a bit of congestion on Sheik Zied Road today......what that means in Dubai is that get your coins out because you will be parked there for the next few hours. I really like the city, I LOVE working at the school I am, mostly because of the kids and the fellow staff members but...the traffic is crazy. If I did not own a Ipod I think I would have a case of road rage that would make the hulk look like a Pansy. I do have an Ipod and luckily I turn it on as I leave from the area I have been and make my way back to the Hor, I should explain....we have termed the area Hor Alanz East to the "Hor". There are several reasons for this and besides that it takes a lot of energy away from you trying to get back into the Hor....in any other city the area we are in would be crawling with....well you know. Luckily the ladies of the night in Dubai are a little more conspicuous. we are blessed, now the good news about the area I am in is that I can get food of wide variety as long as it has a middle eastern flair and groceries delivered to my door with a phone call. The phone call sometimes is a exercise in futility as it would be quicker most times to walk to the store the struggle with the English that the person on the other end of the phone has learned 8 minutes prior...

Most of the rant was for humour, it is easier to laugh then get mad here. I should get back to work I do have a bit of planning to do. I will sign off, it SEEMS there are people still reading this so I thank you for that.

take care all, or you if it is only one reading this....


C

No comments: