Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ramadan Karim

Well it has now been a few weeks back into living in Dubai and life is good. I got a new SLR camera this week so I do intend on using it a lot and getting some great shots of Dubai for all to see, so look for those coming along. I have started reffing rugby again this week. It was a killer, the temperature was 38 degrees and we were running for 80 min. After my game, I thought I was done but the next refferee needed another assistant ref so I stayed to help him out. For my effort that day someone decided they needed my running shoes more then I did and took them from me while I was on the field. I hope karma is strong with those shoes and the person looses something of thiers.

I hope to get my car this week, still waiting for it....it has been almost a month now since we have been back and talked to the dealer. It is amazing how much paperwork is required to buy a car overseas, I think when I got my car in Canada it was done in 3 days and the guy told me that was a long delivery time for the car....if there was not such a high demand for cars here I think a few more businesses would fold quickly. But this is how life is here, everyone wants to be in Dubai and with that long line ups for everything, that is ofcourse unless you have tons of money to throw at the problem then chanels tend to open up quickly.


Ramadan is nearly over now, it has been much less of a hasstle then it was last year, I am not sure why but it has seemed quite normal, I guess I am doing a lot more and not looking to go out for drinks or eat during the day. I have not relied on shops as much, as they are closed during the day, well till 7ish when Iftar starts then all the resturants are packed with people. It is definatly and interesting experience. Loud music is a big no no so even if you do go for a drink at a pub the music has to stay down low, but that usually means that the weekend Ramadan is over everyone goes crazy. There are some big parties planned for that weekend. I am hoping to go to Nepal for the break, we are tying today to setup that trip. 4 days golfing in Nepal, I will take tons of pictures I am sure.

Well I have now spent more then enough time not working and should get back to it.

Curtis

No comments: