Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New blog

Well Ladies and gentlemen it is time for a new session of blogs from Dubai. I am sure it will be packed with interesting facts, pictures and stories....maybe a rant or two as well. Anyway the summer in Alberta was fantastic, I got a chance to hang out with my family and see some friends that I was missing even reacquainted with some people from my past that helped the summer be a great one. My brothers wedding was a great part of the summer, they are so good for each other and hope they have an amazing life together and I can share in some of their memories...

Well I have now been in Dubai for a week and it has changed a fair bit, the buildings (well some) are even bigger, seams like there is even more people on the roads and the same inefficiency are still prevalent. Ha Ha. It was great to see everyone that I worked with last year and hear their stories and adventures over the summer. The new staff that I am working with seam great, they are all very excited to be here. It is funny to see myself in their shoes last year and think about my growth as a person (still a long way to go on that) while wondering how they will cope with some of the interesting differences of Dubai and the life here.

As some people have asked me it has been hot here but not as hot as it was when we got here last year. it has been a comfortable 40ish most days dropping to 30ish at night and last year that was 10 degrees warmer so it has a much different feel to the weather this year it is not unbearable just slightly too warm for most people instead.

I am still living in the same area as i was last year and I realize I did not put up any pictures of what that looks like so I will make an effort this year to let you know more of what my surrounding are like. it is quite interesting for sure. there are places to eat everywhere and get your hair cut every 50 meters it seams. I really do not know how these places stay open but with costs for certain thing so much lower I guess it is easier on the owners.

well I have procrastinated long enough and should get back to planning as the kids come in on Sunday and we get rolling with school in a few short days. It really is amazing how time can fly by when you are not watching. I will make more of an effort to blog what is going on or even rant when I need to. Thanks to everyone for your support and occasional e-mail it does mean a lot to me to get them.


take care...

No comments: